Monday, June 07, 2010

Orchard


There are currently two apple trees in my backyard. In the last two years neither have produced an edible fruit. All the apples have had spots and some even looked shriveled. Previously there was a peach tree but it had been dieing for some time and ironically was the only tree to produce a decent fruit. One peach, and it was excellent. I've since cut the tree down and have been using the wood to smoke meats. Recently I've decided to put more effort into these great resources. I've began spraying them this summer to stop the fungus. I also ordered another tree, a honeycrisp apple tree, and it is doing good so far. At the moment I'm considering adding a couple cherry trees but I'll wait and see how these work out. I drew a picture of myself driving a tractor on an orchard. Enjoy.

No comments: