Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lunar Eclipse


Last night I watched as the moon (Luna) was eclipsed by the great almighty Earth. The Sun in all its glory passed behind Earth casting one hell of a shadow upon the face of our beloved moon. I can't help but wonder what it might be like to stand on the surface of the moon. What would I do there, I ask myself? The only thing I was sure of was to simply look back at earth. Why is it that astronauts in there wisdom spend all that time and energy working toward space travel only to reach the farthest place ever before, jam a flag in the sand, and look back at home. Seems silly to me. Go to the moon just to look at earth in the same fashion. Life. Grow old just to recollect on your younger days. Discontent seems to be something of a problem affecting all of us. Me, I look forward, soon I (lady friend included) will be a homeowner.

No comments: