Thursday, February 14, 2008

Danger!


There's a lot of jobs out there with an inherent level of danger. Some of these jobs are obvious like; logging, and tug boat captaining, but an incredible amount of others go unrecognized. Imagining some possibilities you can't help but realize the people doing these jobs will inevitably become desensitized to the danger in these situations. It's especially funny when you envision the dialogs between the workman getting home and his wife asking how his day went. Here's an example I think puts my point a little bit more in focus, the job title would be, Department of Corrections Bus Driver. I have to assume this guy gets punched in the face on a daily basis by the obvious felons regardless of any fence he may sit behind. There's the background, now lets get to the experiment. Dude gets home from work and his wife asks innocently "How was work Honey"? Dude casually replies "I was held hostage for like two hours until Officer Coharsky stepped in and shot the guy, and then we got lunch at Wendy's. It was OK, I got a #2".
Here's another. Indoor Shooting Range Attendant, I'm guessing the close-calls can get a little nuts. Dude gets home from work and his wife poses the same question. Dudes answer "Some idiot with a .45 almost smoked me so I kicked him out. Oh and the Ham sandwich was good. Is that new mustard"?
Think of your own examples, it's kind of funny to imagine.

No comments: