Monday, October 02, 2006

I spent two hours in Ireland yesterday.

I have a hobby, it's nothing new but its fun, I love to laugh at cultural and social bullshit. A favorite is the Irish pub or restaurant. There has to be more Irish bars in American cities than in the whole country of Ireland. I wonder if all the Irish pubs in Ireland are owned mostly by Greek people? Here's the formula; get some nice dark wood on the walls, paint everything green and BOOM!! it's an Irish pub. My favorite of all is Bennigans, the same wood and green formula applied to a Denny's. Yesterday I was brought to a Irish restaurant in alington heights and I had a "Cajun fish sandwich" and "Irish fries". Now I'm partial to "freedom fries" but I'll try them, they were sliced up potato that was deep fried, I failed to see where Ireland came in. The sandwich was a spicy Cajun fish sandwich, I guess Ireland could have cajun food too. It's so silly, like an adult chucky cheese, "lets pretend we're in Ireland" and "those aren't fries those are Irish fries, stupid head".

No comments: