Friday, September 01, 2006

Messenger bag



Here's the messenger bag I custom made for myself. I used the front pocket section from the backpack I carried around all through high school. Also I used a strip from the navy C-bag I carried around the four years I was in the service. I used suede leather for the side panels, and black ballistic nylon for the rest. I must say, it came out perfect. Going in to it I wasn't sure how I would lay it out, but I got struck by lightning and had a brilliant idea of making a stripe out of the C-bag and lineing up the green strip to show U.S. right on the front. The original idea was to construct a bag out of other bags, the idea evolved into making it out of the bags I used to carry around alot as to continue useing them. So high school and military service are both represented and some leather for style. I wanted to get a suede strap but when I went to a luggage repair shop the nonenglish speaking shop owner didn't understand my idea so I defaulted to a standard strap. I'm sure the bag might see some modifications in the distant future, but for now it's everything I could ever have hoped for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet bag bro! Go into business and sell me one.