Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Called in sick

To follow up on a previous post, I called in to go to Lollapalooza. Yep, I went through with it, I had to, I paid alot of money for thoughs tickets. Here's how it went down:

My coworker knew what my plans were because I had expressed my interest in going to Lollapalooza and he was able to put two and two together. So, using what I've learned in the military (trust no one, especially your fellow soldier) when I called it went like this:

Me: "Dude, I must have bad karma or something."
coworker: "Whats up?"
Me: "I woke up puking this morning at like 6 am"
coworker: "Ha Ha, Douchebag"
Me: "So now I'm calling in for real, for the first time, ever"
coworker: "Damn, what about lollapalooza?"
Me: "I'm Pissed man, now I can't go. Oh well, transfer me (my call) to the manager".
manager: "Hello this is the M.O.D."
Me: "Hey, it's pete".
manager: "whats up pete"?
Me: "I was scheduled to work today but I've been puking all morning".
manager: "Do you think it was something you ate"?
Me: "It probably was".
manager: "well call me back at 1:00 and maybe you don't have to miss you whole shift".
Me: "ok"

I knew damn well I would be jammin out to aqualung at 1:00, so in an act of despiration I called my mom to see if she could get me a fake doctors note, she said no it's unethical and said "just don't call back, and tell him you slept all day". So I didn't call back, I went to the show, had an awsome time.

Monday when I had to work again I saw the manager and he didn't say a word about it, he must've forgot. Can you believe that, it's that easy.

No comments: