Saturday, December 26, 2015

Numismatics




          Sitting here at my desk with my notebook open and various office supplies spread about the surface. There's a small amount of pocket change directly to my left. I'm holding a penny that was minted way back in 1973, 37 years ago. I'm guessing if this coin could talk it would have a quite a story to tell, from world traveling to decades of storage in change jars around the country. It probably sat for years and years in various peoples change piles, under seats of cars, and having been found on the floor by countless janitors and school children alike. I can see why coin collecting can be an interesting hobby. Taped to the page is a coin given to me for collecting 4 payments or more (I collected 7) for the day here in the Debt Collections Dept. of Chase Bank. This coin would say "I got taped to a page in a journal for X number of years".

No comments: